Sunday, January 16, 2011

Welcome

Hi
Welcome to my first blog.  Over the last few months I have been busy putting together a new website for Carterworks in betweeen art assignments and actual photographic restoration projects.

My most recent photographic project was to restore a damaged photo of an old Wellington College boy taken in the early 1900s.   His family were able to scan the photo at a high resolution and from this I was able to rebuild one foot which had been lost in the original photo and remove foxing and other signs of time.  I then produced both sepia and black and white copies of the photo at original and A4 size.  The original photo despite its damage still had lots of wonderful detail - you could really see the different textures of the materials - the silk flag, the persian carpet his shiny leather boots.  His family were delighted with the result and the college now holds the restored photo in its archives

No comments :

Post a Comment